As promised, we are going to have at least 1 Tutorial post each month highlighting a fun project that may have been already posted and instructions requested or something new and fun from the Designers.
Today we have a tutorial of Summer Fullerton's Apple toppers and pencil cup using the Alphabet Soup and Soup Staples line.
12 ounce can (like PET evaporated skim milk)
Bean Stalks red/black ribbon (Alpha Twill) & red/brown ribbon (green check)
Jillibean Soup Patterned Papers (Vegetable Soup, Mixed Veggies & Red Sugar)
Cardstock (light blue, green and red)
Bean Seads (Medium Harvest Leaves)
Crop-a-dile (hole punch)
Scallop punch (or scissors)
Optional: dried black beansPencil Holder
- Clean can, remove label and beware of sharp edges. I used the Pampered Chef can opened it doesn’t leave sharp edges.
- Cut vegetable soup striped paper approximately 10x3
- Cut a 10x1 1/2 strip of Mixed Veggies patterned paper and green cardstock then scallop one edge of each piece of paper
- Cut a 10x5/8 inch strip of light blue cardstock
- Glue patterned papers to the can using your favorite adhesive (I used a spray adhesive) starting with the striped paper then layering the other papers accordingly allowing the scallop to extend over the top edge.
6. Then top off the pencil holder with the ABC Twill tied in a bow.
Apple Pencil Toppers
- Using my Cricut I cut 2 3 inch apples from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. If you don’t have a Cricut use the pattern below. Make sure to adjust the size when you go to print the pattern.
- Trim off the stems and cut the felt leaves apart.
- Then glue 2 of the felt leaves to the inside of your apple.
- Line up your apples and punch 2 holes approximately ½ inch apart.
- Sandwich the pencil between the 2 apples using pop dots as spacers. Then Thread your ribbon and tie a bow.