Tutorial on Tuesday - Dancing Ms. Daisy!!! How to create a handmade daisy using your favorite Jillibean Soup products!
by Juliana Michaels
Supplies: Jillibean Soup Patterned Paper: Summer Squash/Yellow Squash and Small Hot Pepper, Soup Staples/Yellow Sugar and Olive Sugar Canvas Flowers: Green Grid Cardstock Stickers: Summer Squash Cool Beans: Red
Other: Decorative Scissors by Fiskars, Scallop Circle Punches by Marvy Uchida and Stampin' Up!, Adhesive by Helmar/Zap Dots, Bamboo Skewer
1. Punch out 3 varying sizes of scallop circles.
2. Take each scallop circle and cut inward toward the center at each scallop to create your petals. 3. Repeat this with all three circles.
4. Ink the edges of each petal. 5. Repeat this with all three circles.
6. To give the petals some dimension, gently curl them over a bamboo skewer.
7. Repeat this will all three circles. 8. Layer the scallop circles starting with the largest and progressing to the smallest. Place a piece of double sided foam adhesive, such as Helmar Zap Dots, between each layer to give the flower more dimension.
9. The final step is to add a Cool Beans button to the center of the flower! And there you have it...your very own dancing daisy!
The Leaves: You can create your own leaves by cutting them from the Canvas flowers, cardstock or pattern paper. Adhere the leaves to the back side of the flower using the Zap Dots.
Other options for the scallop circles: Nestabilities Scallop Circle Dies, Silhouette (Laina Lamb Fancy Frames Set #3), Cricut, or other die cutting machines/dies. You could even create your own by cutting around a circle with scallop edged decorative scissors.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and have fun crafting your own dancing daisy!!!
"Always have something beautiful in sight, even if it's just a daisy in a jelly glass." ~Flavia